Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Who do you feel the most comfortable talking to?

Ok, so it will be roughly midnight by the time I finish with this post but I was thinking about tips and tricks on how to get over social anxiety faster while putting myself through this test. I’m taking a wild guess most readers are at least well into their teens. My immediate question to you is, have you ever thought about who you’re most comfortable talking to, even if it was just a casual conversation? For me, other than my best friends who are my age, I did some thinking just now and I realized I’m most comfortable when talking with adults older than I am. I don’t know why but that’s just the way I am. I’ve been that way since high school. Middle school I just could not talk to anyone but it wasn’t until high school I realized I felt most comfortable talking to adults because adults usually asked the questions and all I really had to do was give answers LOL.

But even then, I could still carry on a casual conversation that would last anywhere from 5, 10, 30, sometimes even for a hour long, which was a surprise. And this would literally work without fail. Up to this day, I still sometimes feel nervous when talking to young adults my age but when it comes to an adult older than I am, I feel pretty much flawless. I really can approach any older adult and have a one on one conversation, but not when it’s a classroom full of adults my age. However, I think I might have just ‘hacked’ it. What I realize I have to do, is envision the classroom is full of adults older than I am and implement what I have been doing along this journey.

So now my question to you is, what are your own tips and tricks, and have you discovered who you’re most comfortable chatting with? Because at the end of the day, your ‘presentation’ can always be interactive just like a casual conversation with a bunch of people, unless if there is a guideline you have to follow but in this day and age where interaction is most important, I’d expect you would be able to do a presentation however you would like. What have you realized or figured out?

No comments:

Post a Comment