Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

It's been one week

It's...been an amazing journey so far. A lot can happen in a week. The only downside to this is it is very energy consuming but this is only because I've been living negatively with a negative mindset and constantly forcing myself to live and think positively actually takes effort. However, it's worth it. A lot that has happened this week would not have been possible had I not shifted my mindset; I was aggressive at times where I wouldn't have been. For example, I legit would have missed out on the opportunity to sit in the Bugatti Chiron and the Zagato had I not been persistent in keeping in contact with the salesperson.

Today was Cars & Croissants Santana Row, an event that happens once every two months where supercar and hypercar owners gather together at the mall to put their vehicles on display. I swear I wouldn't have noticed this moment had I not been so keen and focused on what I've been doing. My sibling, my friend, my parent, and someone I was [finally] formally introduced to were sitting down for a break and we were all chatting and laughing about a specific moment where a Ferrari cracked a window by revving. As we were all laughing, this perception came across my mind and I was like goddamn, this is what I want. This is what I want to achieve. We're all chatting about something we enjoyed, our hobby, our passion, and we're having a damn good time. This feeling is fucking amazing. But I want to scale this. I wonder where I could take this.

Again, this is why I'm still doing 'R&D' on the theory that passion can override social anxiety and depression. Truth be told, I flatlined yesterday after the festival and when I was having dinner with my parent and sibling, I kept having to flip that switch on because I was so drained by the activities I attended earlier on in the day. But it worked. I also saw a lot of friends who I've met throughout the year today who I wouldn't have noticed if I was just letting my brain float. Not only that, I also chatted with I believe the marketing person of a brand new electric car brand who just came into the market in competition with the other electric hypercars and this really would not have happened had I not been focused. All of this may make me sound like I'm crazy because it's the norm to most people but this is just the beginning.

Basically what I'm doing right now is, doing all I can by utilizing my passion and pushing it as much as my brain will allow and then using the same 'skills' applying it to other areas. It went so far yesterday to the point where I was going to be stomping on grapes with two other strangers in front of a whole crowd at the Italian festival but we didn't realize we had to sign up prior to the event happening, otherwise that would've been interesting to watch. I wanted to do this because the concept would've been getting up in front of a group of people to entertain them, while getting over my social anxiety and stage fright. It would've been a fun experience, I would've been entertaining my sibling and their friends, and I'd probably also look funny as hell. Had that happened, I would've been able to push myself one step further past my comfort zone, get me one step closer to being comfortable outside of my own skin and feel awesome about it. Next time it will happen, and it will be on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment