Pages

Friday, September 6, 2019

My Guess Was Correct...

So, my guess was completely correct. There's a lot of people out there who developed social anxiety because of the judgement happening around them but can people really help it? They can't. Why? The younger generations nowadays don't know any better. What starts off as a...'friendly' tease or insult can be traumatizing for another. Especially with how the internet functions nowadays, the level of understanding of humor, tease, or insult, is pretty much unpredictable because everyone's understanding is literally on a different level compared to everyone else. I posted a video on Tik Tok today after getting my root canal because I wanted to let people know that looks aren't everything; it's personality that makes the impact. A few hours later, a teenager/young adult commented saying they needed to hear this. At first, I only thanked them by saying I'm glad I could help and thanks for watching but then I was like wait a minute, what am I doing? I'm taking it one step further, I want to see if I can actually  help them. So then I DM'd them and also left a second comment telling them I DM'd them. A few hours later, they DM'd me on Instagram.

  We talked and within three minutes, I figured out what their issue was and it's exactly what I had thought, because I went through basically the same thing they did. What's unfortunate is they're in high school so I know what they went through, emotionally, I just don't know how bad it actually is because it's been nearly a decade since I graduated. Holy shit time flies, I just realized that LOL. But then I realized it didn't matter because all human psychological concepts are the same. The healing process is the same, just the experience may vary. So after understanding where they came from, I told them my perspective and what they should work on and even they said it was a good suggestion so that tells me, I'm on the right track. We had a good talk and I even told them if they ever needed to reach out to me, feel free to do so whenever because I'll be here. We need more people doing this, these kids need help, desperately. And with how the world is progressing at the moment, with everything becoming so competitive, it's only getting worse. About 95% of tik tok videos I watch on the feature page has the tik tokker saying they have social anxiety, which is insane.

So please, please, please, if you can help someone out who's either got social anxiety, depression, or even both, that would be amazing. Who knows, you could be the person to help change their life around. I may have been able to help this young and still growing adult and I'll continue helping as many people as I possibly can. We all need help, let's help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment