Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Passion really does drive you, step by step

So I'm winding down for the night. I'm seated at my desk consuming more Gary V material with my bottled water right beside my laptop (yes the California heat is no joke). For those of you in California, if when you're reading this and it is still summer, I have never drank so much water compared to the past three or so days. It's scary LOL. Anyways, I'm watching Gary's video about not using these platforms forever (I'm thinking he's talking about Instagram, Tik Tok, and other not-as-professional platforms, and there's one thing that stuck out to me. He was asked to provide advice and suggestions to small business owners and he said they must provide value. So that got me thinking, if I had to, what could I possibly blog about tonight? And then I thought of it.

This goes back to my thesis that passion really does drive you and push you past your comfort zone regardless what internal issues you may have. I did actually have a flatline towards late afternoon but that's due to having an amazing morning and attending a festival which drained most of my energy. But then I took a 20 minute nap before dinner and felt better for dinner. Anyways, I had been in contact with this dealership for a good few years now. I don't know all of the staff because some members of the staff are constantly switching around dealerships in this area but I know this car had been at this particular dealership for some time now and I just recently learned it was a factory display car. What I didn't know, was when I was going to get a chance to sit in it. You may be questioning why? What's so important about this car? Well, long story short, it's a 3 million dollar car you will never seen on the road. The answer is that simple.

Anyways, the person I had been keeping in contact with, the last time I went, he told me I would've gotten a chance to sit in this particular car but because they had to tow it to Monterey for car week, he let me sit in a Lamborghini instead. Which, was also amazing because I was able to feel the difference between this Lamborghini and the Ferrari I was able to race in Vegas. That day I sat in the Lamborghini, he told me this 3 million dollar car would be driven to the car show I am attending tomorrow. Fast forward a week, to two days ago (Friday), an idea suddenly popped into my head. My sibling has never seen this vehicle before, how cool would it be if we could meet up with them at the dealership and see this car being driven on the road? I proceeded to DM him on Instagram asking him if this was possible. Unfortunately, he told me the car was going to be trailered to the event (later finding out it's due to insurance) but if we had any time prior to the event to go see the car. We set up the time, it was to be this morning.

My sibling and I went to the dealership first thing in the morning, a half hour after they opened and I strolled around, looking at a few cars on the lot while I was looking for him. It took some time as I later found out he was on a test drive. He came back while my sibling and I were checking out a million dollar Aston Martin which was unheard of, as shown below.
I walked to him, we shook hands with each other, then his first question to me was 'ready to go look at the Chiron?'. I was like yes we definitely are LOL. He got the keys, we walked to the car and the next thing we knew... he opened the door. In my head, I was thinking you've gotta be fucking kidding me. I've been waiting for this opportunity ever since this car came out. Some insight, the Chiron is the successor of the Bugatti Veyron. I don't remember exactly when the Veyron came out but it was some time between 2006 and 2008. I waited a decade for this opportunity to happen...but, it was worth every second. To give some more insight, I've probably seen this specific Chiron maybe 3-4 times so it's been at this dealership for a while. But now, the door is fully open, just ready for me to sit inside? However, because of my recent mindset shift lately, I ask my sibling if they would like to get the chance first. They say nope, you first LOL so how could I say no right?

I sit inside and immediately my first thought was holy shit, I'm sitting in a fucking Bugatti LOL. I'm literally trying to absorb the feeling and every second being inside the car but I just couldn't. I mean, I'm sitting in a 3 million dollar car for crying out loud. How could I? So I do the typical thing, immediately take my phone out and start recording everything, which I will be attaching below. Then I noticed how low the seat was and I said out loud 'damn, I'd be afraid of driving this because I would damage the front.' I literally could only see halfway over the steering wheel. Plus with such a large hood, it was actually difficult. But come on, how could you complain about a 3 million dollar car right? You just can't.

I get out of the car, my sibling goes in, I take some photos for her because I know she would want it. At that time, there are two other families present, one is a dad with his two kids. His two kids proceed to climb into the car and I'm thinking damn kids, you don't know how lucky you are. Not everyone gets to do this. After a little while, my contact tells me they're pulling the car out to pull another car into the building, as there was another space right beside the Chiron. So we all stayed just to film the start up and seeing the car being driven out of the building. It was just insane.

My main point is, passion really will drive you to push outside of your comfort zone. You're there for a reason. I was there for a reason. He is there for a reason. He loves cars, he works at the dealership. I was able to talk to my contact about the car, what he thought about it, his experience with it, it's still considered as human interaction.  I'll even see him again tomorrow at the car event. I later on was able to replicate this same action at a food festival because I know already how it'll feel like, just it will be different because it won't be about cars but at the end of the day, it's still human interaction. You can ask about someone's day, you can ask what brought them to where you are, etc. So bit by bit, I am and will push myself until I can get past social anxiety but I strongly encourage you to do the same because I know this will work. I am using myself as my own experiment because I know I can do this, especially since I just made this connection. Everything else I know up to now, has been to deal with social anxiety head on and there will be pain however this method, I'm telling you you can deal with social anxiety in a positive way and still have it feel good. So please give it a shot, it might just take you by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment